Research we're presenting at the upcoming NABIG conference
Post-NABIG update: You can watch the recordings for the UBI Center session and the Feminism session at the NABIG Crowdcast site.
From Thursday through Sunday, USBIG will hold the 19th North America Basic Income Guarantee (NABIG) Congress. The virtual conference includes presentations from researchers and activists in the US and Canada, and we’re delighted to participate.
Friday at 9AM ET, John Walker will present his paper, “Benchmarking a child allowance against free childcare,” in a session on “Feminism, UBI and the Politics of Caring Labor.”
Saturday at 4PM ET, several of our researchers will present papers in a dedicated session, “UBI Center Research on Policies, Politics, and Economic Consequences”:
- I’ll discuss my paper, “UBI and child allowances in California”
- Nate Golden will discuss his paper, “The impact of UBI on likely voters”
- Will Fedder will discuss his paper, “Designing and analyzing budget-neutral UBI policies with a real-time web tool”
- Joshua Miller will discuss his paper, “UBI and inflation: reviewing theory and evidence”
- UBI Center advisor Richard Evans will discuss his paper, “A general equilibrium model of UBI in the US” (link forthcoming)
Registration for NABIG is freely open to the public.
Subscribe to the UBI Center
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox